Yet more licensing: Images
Reported by Gunnar Wolf | July 2nd, 2009 @ 02:49 PM
As a final licensing-related question: As part of the distribution, you include several images.
Which licensing should apply to those images? Are they all authored by you? I am specially concerned about:
• pigs.jpg: I suppose this photo is yours. Are you aware
that by making it public you are basically allowing anybody to
• barcode_issue.png: Contains personal information. Are you confident in keeping it as part of the distribution?
• dice.png, fractal.jpg, stef.jpg: They are clearly creative works. Are you the author? What is their licensing scheme?
• rails.png: The Rails logo is not free and should not be included in any product not directly endorsed by DHH — See http://nubyonrails.com/articles/logo-redux and http://www.rubyinside.com/david-heinemeier-hansson-says-no-to-use-o... for further ellaboration.
• ruport.png, ruport_transparent.png, ruport_type0.png: All I could find in this regard is that the logo was created by Daniel Dormann. http://rubyreports.org/ states that «All web content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike License», but it would probably be best to be sure. Still, I can follow on this.
As for the specific version I am packaging (0.4.1), I will repackage the sources in order to exclude said files (as they cannot be redistributed by us even in source form) — But it would be way better to clear their status.
Thanks for all your patience,